Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Recent happenings, mostly without Ben

Hello hello, it has been a while but we are all still alive, and no,  it isn't because I have had the baby!

Things are all well here at the moment. Sorry, no pictures, just a lot of rabbiting! The most drastic (!) things this week are these:

- Ben went on a helicopter! That was pretty cool and manly. He said it was REALLY loud and they all had to wear three layers of survival gear, in case they ditched the water... glad they didn't! He had a fairly good time on the drill ship last week- things had to keep being stopped as they checked for safety etc so there was a lot of waiting around which got a bit boring... like all of my evenings alone, boo hoo! It is so wonderful to have him back with us now- if only for a "limited time only" (He leaves again for training in London on Sunday...)

- On Monday morning I got to speak to my Grandparents on skype. It was lovely and a testament to their impressive technical skills that they could log on without a problem and we could all hear each other :) However, while we were chatting Oliver walloped his head (nothing new there) when he fell over... and all of a sudden there was lots of sad crying and a LOT of blood. I said goodbye to N and G pretty sharpish and starting mopping up with a tee-towel and washing it all into the sink, it was quite scary and I wasn't quite sure where it was all coming from. After a while a drink did the trick and he seemed okay again, just a bit needy, and dribbling blood every now and again... urgh! It wasn't until a couple of hours later that he let me look in his mouth and I saw that there were two huge teeth marks- like a stamp- in the middle of his tongue... it looked absolutely horrendous and we later took him to the Doctors just in case they suggested stitches or anything else scary- the Dr was very impressed at what a good job he'd done, but said there wasn't anything they could do- just take him to the hospital if it went all dodgy and it should heal on its own. Phew. I wonder if he will have a scar on his tongue? Urgh. So that was sad news, although all is well now and it doesn't seem to be bothering him!

- On a happier note, Baby Two is now headdown, engaged and ready to come out soon!! Woah. I am just past 36 weeks so still technically 4 weeks (+??) to go though, but I'm still feeling good about a second early birth... please??! Heartbeat is still quite speedy... does that indicate it's a girl, or is it a boy who is particularly excitable or out of breath?? I've been washing all the baby clothes and blankets the last couple of days and Ben got the Moses basket back out of the loft for me. It's getting quite official, ahhhhhh.

... I think that is it! My latest crafty project (Oliver's car mat) has been coming on pretty quick with Ben away, but it would be even quicker if I could sort out whatever I am doing wrong with the sewing machine, boo hoo! But I am really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment