Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Saturday morning walks

Saturday mornings are the new "family walk" time- I suppose it should traditionally be after church and dinner on a Sunday, but Oliver naps then and it's pretty much dark by the time he wakes up, so Saturday morning it is!

This past Saturday Ben found yet another gorgeous walk close to our house- Scotland is just full of beautiful places. We walked along the coast to some ruins called Slains Castle. It was chilly but very sunny and beautiful. A bit muddy though... and I slipped over a couple of times!!! I was even wearing my walking boots- the route was graded 2/5 for trickiness, but in my not-so-daredevil opinion it sloped IN THE DIRECTION OF THE SEA, and got quite close too. I genuinely felt worried for my life in places :S Luckily all three of us survived it, found the ruins, and ended up enjoying looking at some very remote houses on the edge of a cliff. But their post still gets there!! (See the photographic evidence of the postvan below!)




No comments:

Post a Comment