Sorry for the gap in updating- I am having a block on what we've been up to the last couple of weeks, but it's felt pretty busy!
We have had a lot of baths:
... and a few walks...
... and Oliver learnt how to get INtomy clever toy drawers (they're not so clever anymore!!)
He has become obsessed with writing and drawing and he's pretty good at it:
... and this weekend we took him to a playbarn centre and Ben took him on this wobbly slide, and then the death slide!! Oliver didn't seem too bothered, so it was a success :)
In other news, Oliver and I have been out and about swimming with
friends, to baby groups and setting up my own baby group (a Music one, at
last! The first class is this Monday coming and I am EXCITED!) Ben got a
good first review from BP and things are going well there.
We are achieving our Resolution of oging on more dates and we've had a couple already- we saw Sherlock Holmes at the cinema and we had an "in" date- I made a dodgy orange chicken dinner in the slow cooker and we ate it by candlelight and then watched Amelie. Apart from my dodgy food it was wonderful and we are more in love than ever. We have a couple more in the works so that's nice to look forward to.
I am getting quite the bump and I am now 24 weeks pregnant, so cooking nicely. Baby Two kicks a LOT which is nice, and all seems well! I am really enjoying being very crafty at the mo (as in, I am in the middle of lots of craft projects) and I'm having a wonderful time with my fuzzy felt and fur remnants making little animals for my baby book.
The only bad thing at the mo is that Oliver has discovered his screaming voice again. For absolutely no reason- he's bored/hungry/happy/just making noises to go along with his life etc- he will let out REALLY loud, REALLY high-pitched screams, and he does it a LOT. It's hard to be patient when he keeps damaging our eardrums for life! I keep repeating "it's only a phase, it's only a phase" to myself, but it's anybody's guess if we should ignore it or come down hard on it. Suggests welcome!
Well I can't think of anything else that's going on at the mo. As usual, life in the Twigger home is plodding along nicely...
No comments:
Post a Comment