Pages
Things I ramble about
'Me' time
(22)
Ben
(16)
BP
(3)
Cambridge
(8)
Car
(4)
Christmas
(2)
Church
(5)
Dates
(2)
Days out
(21)
England
(3)
Exciting news
(7)
Family
(28)
gbbo
(5)
Goals
(8)
Holidays
(9)
House
(11)
Ipswich
(2)
Jacob
(6)
Messy Play
(2)
Motherhood
(27)
Music
(7)
Oliver
(54)
Out in Aberdeen
(19)
Sleep
(6)
Video
(8)
Zachariah
(18)
Thursday, 17 February 2011
Question:
How do you (or would you) balance keeping a baby happy and keeping a husband happy??! (I'm not having any problems, but it's a fine line and I want to get better at balancing!)
Labels:
Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's a conundrum and a half that one and it doesn't get any better as more children come along!
ReplyDeleteHusband balancing. I think my solution would be (if you can find a babysitter you trust to have your first born) Friday date nights. Even if it's only once a month that you actually get outside with each other! You could watch a dvd, or make a fancy meal together. John and I try to have that time for each other as it's super important to see each other without the wonders of the children.
As for keeping baby/children happy...well only you know what truly makes little Olly happy. I find with Pips it's a case of talking incessantly to him while he's awake keeps him happy. Playing with Anthony and marvelling at every speck he points at as if it was the first EVER seen, tends to keep him happy. It's different with each child. Some like to be left entirely to do their own thing, some need a bit of attention to make sure everything is still ok, and some need LOTS of attention.
Balancing is a try and test thing...it can really try and test your sanity as you try to please everyone. But don't forget you! You need to feel human too. :)
Anyways, this is longer than your original post...
Love you! And the colour of your duvet!
Mo xxxxx
Treat the both the same Kept fed , clean and organised thats all
ReplyDelete