Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Friday, 18 February 2011

Culinary delights

This afternoon Oliver was asleep for about three hours!!!! This is miraculous since he NEVER sleeps longer than a 5-minute power nap during the day. So, I celebrated by rushing around the house and doing everything I have ever wanted to do (!) I did the washing up, cut out some squares of fabric (I'm going to start quilting) and... I made some scrummy chocolate fudge brownies.

These brownies are part of my new year's resolution to work on my culinary skills- especially on baking since I never do any- in fact, we never have pudding! How sad. I think I'm pretty much keeping up with my yearly goal- to try out one new recipe a week. So far I've made-

- Spicy curry potatoes- alright but so covered in spices I could hardly taste the potato
- Pizza, including dough- delicious. I even cracked an egg on top, and felt rather fancy!
- Gingerbread men- Really good but very fat and a bit different from ones I'd ever had before... (and Ben burnt the others!)
- Yorkshire puddings- HUGE and yummy!!
- Leeks with cheesy sauce- they were surprisingly good
- Sticky chocolate pudding- we didn't have any steaming equipment so Ben helped me invent a complicated system involving a chopping board on top... and eventually we caved and used the microwave. It kind of worked!!
- and Chocolate fudge brownies- they look good but they haven't cooled yet so I can't really tell

So, nothing tricky at all, but all NEW! Hooray. And I really enjoyed it... I'm VERY gradually becoming a domestic goddess!! :)


Ooh, and he's a token picture of Olly Woo, because he's just so cute! He is clearly amazed by my yummy creations

3 comments:

  1. What I want to know is: how did the brownie BATTER taste? Dipping into the brownie batter is my favorite part of making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture.... he is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- the batter tasted good, but the real thing even better! I'll definately be making them again... really soon... tomorrow?!!! :)

    ReplyDelete