Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Zachy Baby eats food from a spoon!

Hooray! Last week the fun began- I finally gave in and gave Zach his first taste of something that wasn't milk.  Well, he didn't exactly take it well! We gave him his first spoonful of baby rice (my milk mixed with a bit of powdery stuff) on Wednesday evening. First he looked disgusted. Then, he totally bawled it!!!!!!! He calmed down but after every single spoonful he pulled a disgusted face. Ha! Since then, his disgust has slowly turned to crazy excitement and he kicks his little legs and gurgles when I put his bib on. Fab! He has been having a few spoonfuls of porridge-y stuff or baby rice at lunch, and a few more at tea. So far his nightfeedings are down to about four (instead of six) so that's an improvement, hooray!!!!!

This lunchtime I cracked out his first REAL food: sweet potato and parsnip purée. It went down a treat and he ate quite a few spoonfuls!! Oliver and I tried a bit too and it really was delicious, maybe we'll crack it out for Ben for tea later :)








Something not so great this week happened on Thursday night: I managed to ram the church gate with the car. I was opening up our church carpark and I only unlocked one of the two gates and you can usually fit in but I took it at a dodgy angle and totally managed to take the gate WITH me as I drove in... ahhhh!!! Now the bit of metal that locks the gate down is totally bent and the gate won't entirely close or open and everyone had to dodge it on Sunday... uh oh!! Thankfully the church aren't going to sue me and amazingly the only damage is to the plastic on the door on the driver's side (and a small dent but you can only see it in the light!?)

And just for fun, here are the boys wearing their wintry hats last week (it is CHILLY up here!)



No comments:

Post a Comment