Oliver turned six months on Tuesday (7th June). He can NEARLY sit up by himself, and is rolling about and chatting more than ever. Six months is the start of more varied and exciting foods and a LOT more mess! As well as his fruit or veg puree for lunch, this week he has had dinners featuring a piece of toast, fromage frais, a hunk of cheddar cheese, and a couple of strips of pitta bread with soft cheese on. Going well so far!
In other news, we sent in our application for Olympic tickets in April, applying for five events in the hope that we would get at least one or two, but no luck. Ben and I have been checking and rechecking our bank accounts for any stray money going out over the last couple of weeks, and feeling pretty miserable about all the sob stories about getting no olympic tickets that keep cropping up in the news. Apparantly all the money was debited by 31st May :(
BUT! Last night we were bemoaning our sorrow again (!) and I remembered that I need to pay my credit card bill- and I was scratching my head trying to work out why there was £47 going out from a company I couldn't remember buying from... it called itself WWW.TICKETS.LONDON2012...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray, we have been checking our joint debit account for weeks! I must have put it on the other account. How cooool!! No idea what it's for yet, but after the sadness of being part of half the country who were unsuccessful, we're going after all!! :)
They are doing a second round of tickets sales soon - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13699299
ReplyDeleteExciting that you got some this time around though!! I can't believe Oliver is already 6 months, where has the time gone. I hope he enjoys the wonderful world of food!!!