Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Thursday, 15 December 2011

Feeling crafty...

A couple of evenings ago I finished making the tiny yellow quilt I began while we were living in Sunbury, London, Summer 2010. It was originally a church project and lots of us were making them for the preemie baby unit but I took so long I missed the deadline and aimed for Oliver's birth... but since it would hardly cover his legs I think now it'll have to be for Baby Two. I hadn't touched it for ever and finally got around to bodging up trhe binding nicely but HOORAY it is done! The front, at least, looks quite lovely.

Now that I've finished one project I am on to the next one. I have been gathering supplies for a few weeks now for a 'quiet book'- a fabric book with things to do and learn on each page that will keep Oliver entertained and quiet during church. I've got LOTS of felt, googly eyes, coloured buttons and some great scraps of fluffy material for animal paws, noses etc. For a while I have been stalking this amazing lady's blog: http://www.quietbook.blogspot.com/ She has some amazing ideas that I will be using and loads of links to other people's pages doing a similar thing, like this lady: http://johnandjackidaley.blogspot.com/2011/08/quiet-book.html and this lady made a Star Wars one which is very cool (I'm not showing it to Ben yet though, cos he would definitely want one!) http://juliegillrie.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-jedi-quiet-book.html and this one is great too: http://lellaboutique.blogspot.com/2011/04/baby-boy-texture-book.html

Ahhh, I'm in heaven with a project on the go.

In other news, I made mince pies for the first time yesterday. I am surprised how well they came out- they taste good!! Oliver helped and had his own spoon while I filled them with mincemeat. But, in keeping with my rubbishy presentation but good taste, they were cunningly disguised as cupcakes because I don't have a baking tray with shallow dips in it (for yorkshire puds or pies etc) so I used pastel-coloured silicone cupcake moulds and they don't look like mince pies at all! Taste great though.

No comments:

Post a Comment