Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Friday, 13 July 2012

Wednesday evening

At the beginning of the week I got an email from my friend Amelia, wondering if she could come over at 7pm on Wednesday evening for a film and some adult company! She invited two other friends, Silvia and Kirsty. Hooray, sounded good! I had Oliver in bed and had rustled up some snacks and my very small collection of girly DVDs when Kirsty turned up... with her husband DJ. Hmmm, I like DJ but wasn't sure they understood that only ladies had been invited and didn't think he'd be too impressed with the choice of film or the chatting?! However, it turned out that they were the "bearers of good news:" there wasn't a movie night after all- they were having a Baby Shower for me and Zach up at the chapel!! So exciting- I'd never had a Baby Shower before! There were lovely friends, games, food and presents and.... genuinely the most amazing cake I have ever seen made by Silvia (definitely on a par with our wedding cake, which was pretty impressive too!) I ate the entire top layer- amazing but surprisingly hard going, it was HUGE! But absolutely delicious. I brought my camera... with dead batteries, so these are Amelia's photos. Fab!

Eating the huge layer of bath! Hello Kirsty! :)

Zach is reaching for the cake...

Silvia, the maker of the cake and a lovely lady!

Mmmm, AMAZING cake
So, so lovely of them. What lovely friends!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing friends! You are so lucky that you got to have a baby shower...bath...:) I don't hold much hope of ever having one unless I organize it myself! :P It looked so much fun! :D Wish I could have been there! xxxx

    ReplyDelete