On Friday we were invited to a Mary Poppins party at our friend Amelia's house!! She had carnations, cherries, lots of scrummy sandwiches and we watched the film. I hadn't seen it for YEARS and it was even better as an adult. Our very talented friend Silvia made the incredible cake and the 'spoons full of sugar' shown above. Everything was so delicious and the children all had fun!
| Amelia's son Eli |
| Amelia's girls posing out in the sun |
Below are the boys in their favourite spots in the house: Zach likes to sit in the corner of the sofa (at least, I put him there and that is where he least complains!) and Oliver likes his window seat out to the front garden and drives his favourite car of the day along the top of the sofa or the window sill. Quirky? I hope so!
In other news, Ben is away and has been since last Sunday (1st July) :'( He will be back on Friday evening, hooray, I can't wait! I can cope and stay sane and enjoy life with the boys during the day, but 12 evenings in a row means I MISS him!! Having said that, my friend Kirsty has been wonderful and popped over lots for chats, and there is a movie night coming up with friends... really can't complain!! People are so lovely :)
I have filled the evenings watching a LOT of 'Larkrise to Candleford' (three more episodes and the final of the four series is over, nooooooooooo!!), I have finally started doing my exercise DVD regularly and am on a breastfeeding-friendly diet (*gasp*) and Zach's bedtime is two hours earlier than it was when he left which I am rather proud of! Plus that means I get a couple of hours before bed free to myself, which is rather nice after the boys keep me on my toes during the day. Perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment