Hello!
Well, Zach will be a whole week old before this hour is up, and the past week feels like a dream... where has it gone??! Everything is SO much easier with a second baby than with the first, this past week has surpassed my expectations thousands of times over.
- Apart from a couple of hours in the hospital, there has been practically no post-birth recovery necessary- my body feels great and frankly better than it has done for as long as I can remember (last time I could barely sit down for a week or two!!)
- Zachy Baby SLEEPS, wow! It really is quite amazing. Since night 3/4ish he was been sleeping during nighttime hours (waking very frequently for feeds at first, but now only about every 3 hours... wow) So I genuinely don't feel like a walking zombie at all
- It is amazingly sunny and warm and Ben is off. It feels like a holiday!!! We have spent a lot of time out on walks with the whopping double buggy, and the rest of the time in the garden with Zach napping in his Moses basket (it only took a few days to get him to nap there and not only on us, hooray), Oliver pushing his scramble bug and diggers around, me drying loads of washing, Ben planting out seeds for our vegetable patch. Bliss!
- Somehow the last couple of days both boys napped in the afternoon. At the same time. Ben and I playing Scrabble to celebrate... he practically DOUBLED my score, I was absolutely pants! My only consolation is that Ben needs to check most of his words with me first because he can't spell. Hooray for beating him at something :) He also slaughtered me at Risk last night too, although I was doing my bit as a milky machine at the same time, if that helps my case?
The bad bits- not too many!!
- Absolutely explosive nappies. I had forgotten about those!
- Very painful breastfeeding... again. Major deja vu there and it is the worst
worst WORST feeling in the world.
- Juggling two children. It's alright now but I suspect when Ben goes back to work and I am outnumbered...! Nah, all well so far.
 |
| Brothers! |
 |
| HUGE bouquet... ah yes, BP! I love the thistle, it is beautiful |
 |
| Headfirst down the slide on Saturday |
 |
| Walking out by the river on Tuesday |
 |
| Cool! |
 |
| I was mocking Ben for trying to convince me that "wifts" was a word (as in wafts?!) when I realised that chrome has an h in it... oops! NOT very wordy then?! |
 |
| Out in the garden with the washing |
 |
| He stole a sock from the line and brought it back to his den |
 |
| Brothers! |
 |
| Two nappies to change??! |
 |
| Oliver can now get into the car unaided. Uh oh! |
 |
| Zachy Baby, pensieve in the garden at 9pm |
 |
| Daddy watering his precious courgette plant :) |
Oh thank goodness for your wonderful pictures! Great to hear you are all getting on well, yes second time round is so much easier post birth. The breast feeding will be so worth it so hang in there.
ReplyDeleteMuch love xxx