Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Killing time and waiting for baby... urgh!

Hello!

I am still knocking around with a pretty huge bump and lots of hopeful twinges... nothing that has turned into a baby though!! I am now past the point at which Oliver was born, but still 5 days before my date (15th) and I have yet again reached the bottom of my 'extreme clean before the baby comes' list and the house is looking ok. Hooray!

Unfortunately I have swollen ankles and legs so I'm suppossssed to be putting my feet up a lot- actually above my heart which is easier said than done, especially with Oliver around. But I usually manage it during nap time and the evenings, when Ben and I have been watching 'Larkrise to Candleford' which we've never seen before. Really enjoying it so far, and all the better for being 10 hours long!!! Ahhhh :)

Now Oliver and I are starting to turn a bit loopy in the house (it's been raining pretty constantly for weeks now...) but today was fab- Oliver and I read lots of books, played pictionary on his magic writer eraser thingy, and made a den with Mummy and Daddy's kingsize duvet, watched 'Charlotte's Web' (one of his first full-length films) and during naptime I made him a duvet cover with my very favourite material ever with co-ordinating navy underside, which will match his bunting and owl themed bedroom.


Isn't this material just wonderful??? I can't get enough of it, and am wondering what to make next out of it! Possibly a tie for Oliver for church?! Something else for his room? Suggestions welcome.

Also today I made chocolate chip Tollhouse cookies, mmm, the best ever American recipe. I found it is on google images too, so you HAVE to make them: (I just chopped up a lot of chocolate for the chocolate chips).






So after a fairly lousy week today was fab, and now I am close than ever to getting this baby out, and have got Ben at home for a three-day weekend now. Hoorayyyy! Just what I need :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Larkrise! Just wonderful stuff to wile away the evenings with! Makes you feel all good after watching. It's great you've managed to keep busy, I think I'd be going crazy about now too!!!

    Maybe you could do a large floor cushion for Oliver's room in that material? Would look lovely! :) He's so lucky!

    Hope Twiglet number 2 is good to you and doesn't linger too long! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. take care of yourself
    A bean bag would be good and a tie sounds brilliant, you could make one of those with elastic love Bev xxx

    ReplyDelete