Sorry for thre late posting on this, my blog has been doing funny things all week and it wouldn't upload pictures and was doing funny things with the writing too!! All better now I think. I started it some time last week:
Ben has been away on work training since Sunday evening (again??!) but luckily the sun has been keeping us busy and happy and we've hardly had a dull moment.
Ben has been away on work training since Sunday evening (again??!) but luckily the sun has been keeping us busy and happy and we've hardly had a dull moment.
- We have pootled to the park LOTS
of times, and most times Oliver has walked most of the way there. The
swings are our favourite. One tricky thing is walking there and back:
speed and stamina aren't too much of a problem for him, but he is very
STUBBORN and keeps veering off the path. As we keep going to the park I
thiiiiink he's starting to learn the way so he's getting a bit better,
but oh! if we see a dog... we HAVE to follow it. I just have to hope and
pray that we will get a dog and an owner walking towards our house. All
of a sudden he gets very animated and speedy following it, going "woof,
woof!" My heart sinks as the dog we are following starts to walk away
from our house... until we find another one going our way. Phew.
-
We had our friends, Nicola and Ruby over for some fun in the back
garden. It was hot enough to get the paddling pool out, woah! Oliver is a
bit wimpy so he splashed in the water at arms' length but Ruby is a
thrill seeker! The pottered around the garden happily playing with toys
and bubbles while we ate cakes and smoothies. Mmm!
-
This afternoon Oliver and I went to the beach! It's only a 10 minute
drive to the seafront from our house- I don't know why we don't do it
more often!! Oliver enjoyed playing with the cups and little spade we
brought down there but he LOVED toddling along on the sand, at a safe
distance from the waves of course.
- This isn't linked
to the sun and the sand, but the need for eyes in the back of my head
was just heightened greatly!!! He's been into the fridge and getting
things out, switching the light on and off and changing the temperature
for a few days, but today he got IN it! I'm afraid I was too horrified
at his cheekiness to document it with a picture: agh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment