Some photographic evidence of the festivites (I wish I'd got more):
Pages
Things I ramble about
'Me' time
(22)
Ben
(16)
BP
(3)
Cambridge
(8)
Car
(4)
Christmas
(2)
Church
(5)
Dates
(2)
Days out
(21)
England
(3)
Exciting news
(7)
Family
(28)
gbbo
(5)
Goals
(8)
Holidays
(9)
House
(11)
Ipswich
(2)
Jacob
(6)
Messy Play
(2)
Motherhood
(27)
Music
(7)
Oliver
(54)
Out in Aberdeen
(19)
Sleep
(6)
Video
(8)
Zachariah
(18)
Wednesday, 6 June 2012
The Diamond Jubilee!
On Saturday I realised that the Queen's Diamond Jubilee was here, we had no TV licence so we couldn't watch any of the BBC coverage of the concert in front of Buckingham Palace or the boats along the Thames or anything! Also I had wanted to have some friends over for 'High Tea at the Twiggers' and it was all a bit last minute now... but I was determined not to let the Jubilee pass by and not do anything (after all, how often does someone stay on the throne for 60 years?? It won't happen again in my lifetime!) so we searched online for things going on around here... not much since we are in Scotland and they generally consider themselves Scottish, not British :'( But we found an afternoon tea party in Aden Country park with a yummy food, pin the tail on the Corgi (I did it!!) union flag face painting and a great play area for Oliver. I invited friends last minute for a rather chilly Jubilee tea on Monday (a BBQ and way too many scones, some delicious eton mess, trifle and Great British fancy cakes) Fab! The celbreations came to a close with our third celebration yesterday evening- a party up at the church. Even more scones with jam and cream and some yummy scrummy sandwiches with very British fillings. Ben entered the crown making competition with his very tall crown (he wrote KING BEN is capital letters, and 'All hail!' underneath... he didn't win) and Oliver tried out the boucy castle. Zachy Baby was on the milky for the whole thing- good boy!
Some photographic evidence of the festivites (I wish I'd got more):
Some photographic evidence of the festivites (I wish I'd got more):
Labels:
Days out,
Out in Aberdeen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I'd known you were going to be there, we would of come and joined you. Aden park is about a 15 min car drive from our home!Glad you had such a great time!
ReplyDelete