Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Monday, 19 March 2012

Back from our trip 'down South'

Ben was on training for work in London for the past week so Oliver and I took the opportunity to stay with my family in Ipswich from last Wednesday to the following Friday. Then we all be flew back and met at our home airport on Friday evening, ahhh.

Oliver and I had a lovely time and Mum, Dad and the boys have looked after us wonderfully. Everyone loves Oliver (nothing new there!) and my Mum gave him his second ever haircut... he is really looking like a little BOY and not a baby anymore! While we have been here we have enjoyed running around with Mum and various brothers, helping around the house and catching up with some friends and my Nanna and Granddad, which was just lovely. All our social calls have unfortunately meant that I have eaten more than a respectable amount of chocolate cake and other scrummy things though, and my bump is forever growing!!!!! Uh oh. I am feeling wonderful though, and there are less than eight weeks to go until we meet our newest Twiglet, which I haven't quite got my head around!

The weekend was particularly lovely because Ben came to join us on Friday evening for a couple of days since he didn't have any training at the weekend, and my sister Jaz and her husband and little boy came to stay too. Hooray!!! We very nearly had everyone all together again, but Ed was actually away at a church young-adult thing up in Preston on Saturday and Sunday so that was sad for us!!! Luckily he had a great time, and I had stocked up on plenty of "Ed-time" mid-week. But what a lovely weekend!

We went for a wander by the seafront in Felixstowe and tried skimming stones (as is stereotypical, the boys were all brilliant and Mum, Jaz and I threw most of our stones behind us!) Dad took his Granddad bit very seriously and bought candy floss for Seb and Oliver, and paid for a trip on a little train! I'm sure he never splashed out so much when we were small :) The train ride was funny- we sent Ben and Tom around with the little boys and their Uncle Isaac and at one point the man running the ride had to pull the train along himself! On the second lap around he went in front spraying the tracks with WD40. We loved it! We washed the fun down with chips on the seafront and ice cream sundaes, since it was a balmy 17 degrees. Wonderful!

Cousins exploring

Hero shot

Furrowed brow like Daddy!

Oliver's favourite pasttime

Ben found a game he used to play when he was little!

The train

Uncle Tom and Cousin Sebby

The man spraying the tracks with WD40!

Oliver bonding with Uncle Billy- he's destined for the cello...

New big boy haircut!

A trip to the "pard" with Uncle Ed and Nanna

Seesaw with Nanna

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I miss Ipswich! I can't believe your due so soon! Wow! How exciting :).

    ReplyDelete