Things I ramble about

'Me' time (22) Ben (16) BP (3) Cambridge (8) Car (4) Christmas (2) Church (5) Dates (2) Days out (21) England (3) Exciting news (7) Family (28) gbbo (5) Goals (8) Holidays (9) House (11) Ipswich (2) Jacob (6) Messy Play (2) Motherhood (27) Music (7) Oliver (54) Out in Aberdeen (19) Sleep (6) Video (8) Zachariah (18)

Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Goal Review 2011

I love making lists and I practically ADORE setting goals! I am not sure if that means I am a bit OCD or if that is just a girl-thing, but I am often planning my life and setting and re-setting goals, to make sure I know what I'm aiming for.

So far I haven't achieved ANY of the goals I set at the beginning of the year, but I am happily plodding along and improving gradually!

This means that so far this year I...

- have lost one stone and 3 lb (I planned to lose two stone this year)

- am making a quilt veryyyy slowly. I am stitching all the pretty bits of material together at the mo, before I can move on to the actual quilting part

- have read the first couple of chapters of the Book of Mormon in Spanish! This is mainly because it's a real effort and it takes such a long time to read a page...

- have not tried a new recipe every week, but I have made at least 10-15 new things. I've decided not to bake much though, since that doesn't help my first goal!!

- read to Oliver most days... but not every day. He has a library card (!) and we walk to Histon village library every couple of weeks to change his baby classics over.

- read one new book ('Call the Midwife'- it was excellent, although if you'd like to read it there are a couple of serious warnings I'd like to give you before you do!) I've also re-read a favourite teen book, 'Stormbreaker' and tried to read 'Northern Lights' but I couldn't get into it.

- am studying the scriptures at least five times a week (that means by myself as well as with Ben every day, which we already do) and I am loving it. I am hoping to up that to seven days a week, and make it a real habit.

 So! I have revised my goals for the second half of the year. There are about 20 but here are a couple of highlights:

- To improve my geography!! I want to study some maps and know more about places in the UK, and also the world

- To read a science book (or other non-fiction). Possibly Origin of the Species or something by Stephen Hawking?

- To IRON at least every two weeks (I honestly have only ironed a handful of times since being married, so I really need to improve that one)

- To gradually becoming more stylish (but not too fast- it would shock people!!) :)

Since it was a family goal session Ben was wonderful and thought of some for him too- over the Summer he wants to learn how to do some complicated computery stuff (including building one, woah) and go back to doing a couple of intense workouts every week.


Token picture of one of my very favourite people-

In his new door bouncer!

1 comment: